Booking terms & conditions
Please note that all users must agree to the following terms and conditions. Booking secretary: Jane Monaghan, tel 01629 825154.
USERS MUST NOT USE ANY FIXINGS, INCLUDING BLU-TAC/DRAWING PINS/STAPLES ETC. TO ATTACH ITEMS TO WALLS. HOOKS ARE AVAILABLE FOR BUNTING/BALLOONS.THANK YOU.
- Bookings are made on a sessional basis. A session consists of a morning (8.00-12), early afternoon (12-4.00), or evening (8.00 -12.00) and lasts for four hours. Outside of these terms please contact the bookings secretary.
- Application to hire the facility must be made on the approved form. The booking is not confirmed until a signed copy of the booking form has been received.
- Hire payments: The cost of hire is £10 per hour.For a single event where the cost is less than £100.00 the Hirer will be required to pay for the booking in full at the time of booking. For a single event booking with a cost of £100.00 or over, or block bookings, a non-refundable deposit of 50% will be required at the time of booking, the balance to be paid on invoice. We require regulars to pay by monthly direct debit.
- Cancellations must be made in writing with a minimum of two weeks before the event. Bookings cancelled without sufficient notice will be charged at the full hire cost of the room. The Village Hall Committee has full discretion on the acceptance of any booking. In the event of the Village Hall being rendered unfit for use for which is was hired, the Village Hall Committee shall not be liable to the Hirer for any resulting loss or damage whatsoever.
- Age: The Hirer must be an adult 21 years and over and must be on the premises for the duration of the event or nominate a person to be responsible for the event (‘Event Person in charge’). It is the Hirer’s responsibility to ensure that the Terms and Conditions of hire are observed. Where a booking is initially for a single event, subsequent events booked by the Hirer will be subject to the same Terms and Conditions as the initial booking.
- Use of premises: The Hirer shall not come on to the premises before the agreed booked start time of the hire. 160 is the maximum number of people allowed in the Village Hall and it is the Hirer’s responsibility that this number is not exceeded. The hirer shall not use the premises for any purpose other than that described in the hiring agreement and shall not sub hire the premises for any unlawful purpose nor do anything which render invalid any insurance policies in respect thereof.
- Insurance: The Hirer shall take out adequate insurance for the duration of the hire period and may be required to produce the policy and current receipt.
- Damage: The cost of any damage to the premises, its furniture or equipment as a result of the hire will be the responsibility of the Hirer and the Hirer will incur an additional charge to cover the cost of the damage.
- Equipment: No furniture or equipment (electrical or otherwise) is to be brought onto the premises without prior approval. The Hirer shall ensure that any electrical appliances brought by them to the premises and used there shall be safe, in good working order, and used in a safe manner in accordance with the Electricity at Work Regulations 1989. The hirer indemnifies the Middleton Village Hall Committee in respect of accident, loss, damage, cost or charges claims arising from non-observance of or non-compliance with these conditions during the use of the premises.
- Fire Regulations must be observed, please refer to the Fire Emergency Plan provided for the event. Hirers must be aware of the needs of and be responsible for the safety of persons assisting with or attending the event. There is an accident book in the kitchen next to the First Aid Box which must be completed in the event of any accidents. Smoking is not allowed anywhere in the Village Hall.
- Children: The Hirer shall ensure that any activities for children, young people and vulnerable adults, where their parents are not present to protect them at an event that is open to the general public, are only provided by fit and proper persons in accordance with Safeguarding Vulnerable Groups Act 2006 and any subsequent legislation.
- Licences : Middleton Village Hall Committee holds both a PRS (Performing Rights Society) licence and PPL licence (Phonographic Performance Licence). These licence the performance of both live and recorded music on the premises. Middleton Village Hall Committee holds a Premises Licence. Intoxicating drinks cannot be sold on the premises unless a Temporary Event Notice (TEN) has been granted. If drinks are to be sold or provided, these must be consumed within the premises and not taken outside. The Hirer shall ensure that nothing is done on the premises in contravention of the law relating to gaming, betting and lotteries.
- Animals: The Hirer shall ensure that no animals (including birds) except guide dogs, are brought into the premises, other than for a special event agreed by the Village Hall Committee. No animals whatsoever are to enter the kitchen at any time.
- Storage: The Village hall accepts no responsibility for any stored equipment or other property brought on to or left at the premises, and all liability for loss or damage is hereby excluded. All equipment brought on to the premises by the hirer must be removed at the end of each hiring or fees will be charged unless specific arrangements have been agreed for their storage or removal.
- End of Hire: The premises must be vacated promptly at the end of the hire session. The kitchen and toilets in particular are to be left in a clean and tidy condition, properly locked and secure. A condition of the Premises licence requires that all users must leave the building quietly with regard for local residents. The Hirer is responsible for taking away from the site all items that they, their caterer or other agents bring to the Hall, including glass, plastic bottles, cardboard boxes and all items of decoration. No more than two dustbin bags of non-recyclable refuse may be left inside or beside the Hall dustbins. The Hirer must take away any additional waste and this includes used nappies.
In the event of any problems relating to the use of the Village Hall, the bookings Secretary should be contacted as soon as possible.